The winner was a standout, thereafter we had a little trouble with a clear top three so it ended up a top 4! In fact it was a very close field of startups overall with less than 8 points separating the top 20!
The winners on the day (from an initial field of well over 50 applications) were –
- Process Go – Corporate BPO Marketplace – Matt Allen, Tom Frazier & Doug Hudgeons – Outright Winner
- Watt Cost – Electricity Metering Cloud – David Soutar – Runner Up
- Evolvex – Aussie Ikea Alternative – Priyanka Rao – Special Mention
- Start Some Good – Social Innovation – Tom Dawkins – Special Mention
- Native Tongue Mandarin, Spanish and Language Apps
- Verify1st Scam Prevention
- Geodica Touch Pass Two Factor Authentication
- Teacher Time education Community & Content Marketplace
- Shop2 Smart Shopping Catalog
- Buzzy.io Branded Crowd Gaming
- Ninja Blocks Internet Of Things
- Klassifi Big Data App
- Werdsmith App
- Andable Marketplace
- Loo Loo Paper Subscription Social Good
- RecruitLoop Marketplace and Video Interview Platform
- Style Rocks Custom Jewellery
- GoParcel City Deliveries
- Parking Made Easy Marketplace
- GetViable (equal 19th) startup funding
- PocketBook personal financial management
- Hire Me Up – Part timer recruitment
- Truckr Food Truck App
- Seed Starter Social Good Kickstarter
The full rankings and individual judges scores (most judges scored per category per pitch but not all) can be found in the image above and in this spreadsheet from our kind adjudicators PwC Emerging Companies Services division.
Thanks again to the judges and PwC for their great support on the day. As they are all volunteers we didn’t think it was fair to put names against the scores, if you want to give feedback please keep this in mind when commenting below, not to mention it was all done at the tail end of a long 12 hour day withint very tight time limits but was still highly professional and collected world class talent in one place!
These results were announced on the day but we are publishing these details in the interests of a transparent, accountable process.
If your team was pitching, you might be interested in the per category scores from different judges so you know what areas to work on for next time.
Photos & Video
Selected photos are also available now, we are woking on posting the full set of photos and videos soo.